Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Bolly Blog 27 - Where the streets have no name...

We are on the streets of Hyderabad almost every day at this point, which is hard on the crew as we try to keep up the energy and get this film finished...
Dedicated crew members watch the action...

Aravind and "Mustache Man" (the bad guy of our film) have some fun...

Here I am with Sashi and one of our favorite little guys. "TOO HARD" is his nick-name because he shouts that line in the film...

When we are on the streets, kids follow us where ever we go and I can't resist snapping their pictures....



We also spent a couple of days in the area known as Kukatpally Housing Board This is the largest housing project in Asia, kind of an incredible place with amazing people...

The crowds are huge in this area with hundreds of people watching us shoot sometimes!

We don't have trailers, so we just set up on the streets. Uma having his breakfast before shooting...

Our costume department sets up where ever there is power. Here they are sewing in a little open air market...

Which also acts as our dressing room....Teja gets ready in public!

Aravind takes his afternoon coffee break, something he did every single day. (so civlized!)

On this day the kids just keep comin!


Aravind got candy for me to distribute to the kids...and look what happened!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Shannon,
Josiah here. Thank you soooo much for providing this blog. I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd see what was going on with the movie. You really have captured the feelings and images that have stayed with me in my short two weeks there (which seemed epic at the time). I noticed you and Shiva exchanged a greeting. What a great kid!... I'm glad to hear you're back in New York and I'm sure we both will never forget this amazing experience.
Congratulations on everything.
-Josiah "Joe" Polhemus AKA Keith Turek

Me Me Me said...

Hi Joe - great to hear from you - I'm trying to finish up these posts and get back into my new york life!
merry christmas!

Shannon