Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Bolly Blog 22 - Anniversary in India


I am wearing this special sari that the costumer stitched for me on this special day...11 years ago today Rich Lichte and I got together....we celebrate this day and think of it as our real anniversary, as well as our wedding day...so happy happy anniversary Richie! Can't believe I am not with you on this day for the first time in eleven years!

Putting on a sari is not easy - as I found out! - Deepti helped me and still I had trouble. There is a lot of folding and tucking to get it to look this good..and most women here in India wear these things every day so they think it's a breeze...

Deepti teaches me to wear sari...

The other thing about saris that kind of blow my mind is that I have never seen the same colorful pattern twice...so you can imagine how amazing it is to ride around town and everywhere you look there are woman in bright colors...fantastic!

Also - you feel absolutely regal in these things...and they are comfortable! I know now why 80% of the women in this country wear them...


So..So...Sari...with a little help from my friends!


Okay ladies - I leave you with a video on how to put on a sari....she makes it look easy!

No comments: