Saturday, November 17, 2007

Bolly Blog 20 - Art Direction, WOW!



This is Bhupesh Bhupathi our amazing production designer...He has created gorgeous sets for "The Family Picture" on a shoe-string budget...Bhupesh has done many many films in India and has worked in the US as well...Check out his website bhupeshrbhupathi.com to see some of the colorful Tollywood and Bollywood films that Bhupesh has production designed.

One of the fantastic sets that Bhupesh created was our main character, Ravi's Bedroom. Ravi is obsessed with American movies and so Bhupesh created a tribute to American films that is nothing like I've ever seen!

Check out this room...Everything from "The Birds" to an obscure Laura Linney Independent....

Uma had fun adding his touches to the design and isn't that lamp cool? It's made out of old Bollywood Film stock...

Derth had fun shooting the room...

And I got quite a surprise when I saw how far Ravi's taste in Independent American Cinema goes...Wait a minute!!!!.....

This just shows you Bhupesh's attention to detail. He found the OVO poster and surprised me by putting it into the room...(At least he knows he won't have trouble with the clearance on this one!)

I LOVE THIS PICTURE! My favorite Inidan kid next to my favorite teenagers...I'm one proud mama producer!

4 comments:

Dharmendra said...

BRB is one of the best production desginer in INDIA

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read that article. Thanks the author for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. BTW, why don't you change design :).