Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Bolly Blog 14 Halloween and the goblins are out!!

BOOO....Happy Halloween to all in America!...and Yes, there are tricks being played here in India...and some treats too!

I am sad to report that it finally happened...I succumbed to the mean old food goblins and got sick on Monday...and the worst part was that I was at the nicest hotel in town...The Taj Krishna - Sunday brunch, which at the time seemed fantastic...This was my first day off and I had done a little shopping (see sandals below) and then gone to the hotel for a nice brunch and then a pedicure ($13 dollars and the best one I've ever had - the glass of champagne I had with brunch was $18 dollars...go figure!)

My New Indian Sandals w/my fab Pedicure...Nice Huh?

Any way...I woke up in the middle of the night feeling terrible. I tried to pull myself together to make a 6:30AM call. I get to the set, then had to turn right around and go home for the morning....Feeling much better now, a day later....I figured out that is was most likely the glass of fruit juice I drank....It's coke or coffee or bottled water from here on out...

So here it is, Halloween today...Everyone is in good spirits...We are finally on to a new location, having spent the last 8 days in one house....Things are going well...We are moving right along getting scenes shot...I have brought candy corn all the way from NYC (thought of you Amy Landers-Eagles, as I munched on our fav candy!) - When out of no-where the goblins strike AGAIN....

Suddenly, there is no power on the set - Lights go down and we are in black..."This better not be what I think it is" says Large Lady American Producer....I go outside and see a frantic little man running from the Generator in a panic with a large 5 gallon container......NOOOOOO!!!! - Large Lady American Producer shouts.....The Genny has run out of gas...AGAIN! (this happened last week and I was assured that it NEVER happens on movie sets in India...a freak thing...Honest, Large Lady...)

So then Large Lady American Producer swears OUT-LOUD for the first time since she hit India....And we wait 20 tense minutes. Tense because we HAVE to finish the the scenes that are planned for today. We have gone over a few days and we can't extend the schedule any more. The other line producer and I have been negotiating with another production to keep one of our actors for a couple more days, as they are due on another set...So Yes..it's panic hour...

Finally the the little man with the 5 gallon drum returns...and we wait.....while he tries to get the generator running..

SINGLE MAN TRYING TO START UP GENNY.....


And we WAIT.....

TWO MEN TRYING TO START UP GENNY.....


And WE WAIT.....

FIVE MEN TRYING TO START UP GENNY.....


And in that waiting time, Big Lady American Producer learns the phrase...."La Parua" which means "Take it as it comes"...another lesson learned half way around the world...Have fun today! Trick or Treat! - Shan

1 comment:

Steve Cubine said...

Hey Shanny,

That really sucks about your genny running out of gas AGAIN. But at least you have cute sandals and a great pedicure. :-)

xoxo,
Steve